Monday, April 26, 2010

Catching back up!

On the 17th my cute little cousin Kameron had a soccer game in Logan. We were SO excited to have finally come up to Logan. We ordered hamburgers, fries, and shakes and headed to the field. Kameron is such a good athlete! It was very good to see you Aunt Kristy & Shayda. PLEASE come again! :)


Later that day we got family pictures (which I will show when I get them), after pictures Mommy was CRAVING french toast....When Mommy craves, Mommy has to have! And that she did! :)
I was only able to get a picture of this little Peanut! He is a lot more pleasant to see eating anyways!

Nixon then got ugly-yucky-nasty sick! (yes that IS a word! ;) ) After he had high temperatures and was just not himself I decided it was time to take him to the doctors. The poor kid has croup. He is still sounding yucky but luckily is temp as gone from 104 to 99. We are STILL waiting for it to go down to normal. He is doing a lot better, other than the ugly-yucky-nasty cough! It keeps him up half of the night!
 I took some rice krispy treats into the 2nd grade as a "goodbye" treat. I was able to take Nixon in too. The kids really loved him and I think Nixon loved the attention.
I am going to admit that this was my first time making rice krispy treats. It was a complete failure. They were thin as a pancake, and very crunchy and hard. Hopefully the 8 year old students don't know any difference. 
I'm not sure WHY I couldn't get my first batch to fit in the whole pan?

We were eating dinner and we usually just sit Nixon's seat on top of the counter next to us. I poured some captain crunch on his tray for him to EAT. He found something else that was a little better. If you look closely you can see the cereal being thrown from his hand. He kept throwing them in Conner's lasagna. Over....and over...and over! Whatever makes him happy!

Since Nixon has been sick we have kinda been stuck in the house. Well, my sister had invited me to go to Lagoon with her and I was quite hesitant because of Nixon. He was on the down stretch and I thought he would enjoy being outside and being pushed around in his stroller. Since Kaydee had a free ticket for me (Thanks Uncle Mike) I decided to go. It was a nice break! Nixon did really well and LOVED the rides, especially the cars. After a few hours he had enough and it was back home we went. He must have wore himself out because the last two days since then he has had 31/2 and 4 hour naps!! 

Sunday my little family journeyed on over to the pond to feed the duckies. I remember my sister and her husband taking Luke to do the same thing when they lived here in Logan. I feel like we are following in their foot steps...Logan style! :) haha

After Sunday dinner we were trying to clean up, but Nixon was NOT happy, so we came up with a solution!
 

3 comments:

KK and Company said...

He is sooo cute!! Oh my gosh, adorable. I hope he is feeling better!

Oh, and when I make rice crispies, I use a 9x13 cake pan, not a cookie sheet. It makes them thicker that way! Maybe that will help next time?!?! Love ya!

Connie said...

How fun! I'm happy you updated, I've missed seeing new pictures of the little cutie pie. Hopefully with the next update he'll be feeling himself again and we'll see his sweet smile back.

Karleen said...

That is so funny that he does that. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Good to talk to you the other day. I will keep in touch.