Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Few Visits...

April 8th-

A SAD but necessary VISIT...
Today I woke up at 9:00 AM and immediately got ready for an appointment that was scheduled for 10:30. This appointment was not for ME, but for my baby boy. As I was getting ready and thinking that I needed to hurry so I can get Nixon in the tub I was feeling a bit sad. I felt sad to get him out of his cozy jammies, rush his bath time so he'd have no time to play, and not even be able to feed him a good breakfast that will fill his tummy. I felt sad because I was taking him to an appointment that I new we would leave with tears running down his face. I took him to his 12 month well check visit. :( It breaks my heart just has much as it hurts his. I swear Nixon knows what is to come as soon as we enter the doctors office. His body is tense. As soon as the door opens and the doctor walks towards him to poke and prod, he looks at me with fear in his eyes. Oh and the worse part, having to help the nurse hold down my baby so she can poke the heck out of him with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR shots and ONE finger prick. I hate that I have to be a part of it. But oh how I love picking him up when it is all over and give him loves!

*This first picture is shortly after his finger prick*
*When we were left in the room waiting for the nurse to come in with the shots, Nixon starred at that door in fear until she came!*



A TASTEFUL VISIT...
We had to make a quick visit to...OLD NAVY. Nixon wasn't too happy. I don't blame him. He was tired, hungry, and just had 5 shots. I'd be miserable too. I gave him a sucker for the first time to take his mind of things. He looked a bit confused.
"What in the world is this tasty ball doing on this stick?"


A CUTE VISIT...
Our next visit was to the mall. I just had to take this picture because it is the first time he has worn at hat for a LONG time. As soon as he learned how to take his hats off we didn't even bothering trying to put them on anymore. Nixon's grandparents gave him a new Mariners hat for his birthday. We put it on him and let him look in the mirror. He had a huge smile! I think he felt pretty dang cool. After that he didn't take it off! 

I saved the best visit for last...

A VISIT FROM GRANDMA!!!
We are so excited to have her here. When Nixon woke up from his nap and Conner brought him downstairs, it was funny to see the look on his face when he saw Grandma sitting on the couch. He had a smile from ear to ear!

No comments: