Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

APRIL SECOND-SIXTH:

FRIDAY:

Sadly I didn't get any pictures, but we spent our Friday night with our besties Ryan & Ali. Ali works at Texas Road House and couldn't get work off so we took the party to her. It was kinda weird eating with Ryan and having his poor wife wait on us. I wish you could have sat and ate with us Ali, but you were an awesome waitress! :) 
We need to plan a get together again! Love ya and miss you already!

SATURDAY:
 First off, the Easter bunny called and forgot a few things for Sunday. He sent my mom and I to pick up a few last minute things.
So off we went to the store for some gifts.

My sister and her cute family later came over to color eggs & eat dinner...and LOTS of yummy sweets. 
Our excuse for the sweets... it's a holiday!

Conner getting ready for Priesthood. 

Nixon really did quite well dumping the eggs into the cups.
Until he dumped the color all over the table...and floor! 

This is what happens when you let your sister keep an eye on your baby. I guess since I put a dress on her oldest boy when he was a baby I deserved it. The sad thing is that I kept Nixon in that outfit for a good hour until Conner got back so he could see him. 
I LOVE his little bootie shorts! haha By the way, his outfit came off of old build-a-bear stuffed animal!

EASTER SUNDAY:

My 4 year old nephew with his cute lispy voice said, "Today is a special day because it is Sunday and Easter. It is Easter Sunday!" ( I probably butchered that Kaydee!)

Nixon had waffles for the first time. 
My mom and sister helps me branch out 
from the typical baby food. 
I think Nixon loved it!
 
Watching Conference...

This is the only picture of Nixon actually WATCHING. 
Given that he is only one, I will excuse him! ;)

After conference the festivities began.
I LOVE Easter.
My grandparents put on the funnest Easter egg hunt every year.
This year, Papa made it a "lets make a deal" egg hunt.
He threw in a lot of fun twists which made it very intense.
Out of all of the eggs hidden in the yard, there was one particular color which was the color that contained the most money. 
(I forgot to mention that our egg hunt is a MONEY hunt!)
The "chosen" color was purple. But no one knew until AFTER we got all our eggs.
Before we found out the color, we had a chance to trade in our eggs for an envelope. 
BUT...we had no idea what was in the envelope OR in our eggs.
Conner and I decided to take a risk and trade in Nixon's eggs for an envelope.
We made a WISE choice. 
The envelope consisted of $50. YAY Nixon!
The top 3 people who had the most money had a chance to turn in the money and get a silver egg, golden egg, or an envelope. But they didn't know how much money were in those things. So, they could be making more money or losing money. The top three passed which gave Conner a chance. He could have chose the golden egg but chose something else instead. BAD MISTAKE. 
The golden egg had the most money.
Luke, my nephew, snatched that up! Lucky him!
We had such a good time! Thanks Pooper and Papa!!


After the egg hunt we played an egg knocking game. 
I didn't do well with the money hunt, so luckily I won doing this!
Conner came in a close second in the first round.
After we left my grandparents house, we went back to my parents to see what the Easter bunny had left us!

Kaydee and Launey took Ellie home and the boys stayed the night.
This is the perfect ending to a perfect day for Bampa and Grandma.

MONDAY:
On Monday we had another relaxing day.
My sisters family came over for pizza and to watch Duke vs. Butler.
It was such a good game but with a sad ending!
This is the only picture I took of the day!
 
TUESDAY:
On our way home from Nephi we stopped to eat at...
ZUPAS! :) (Thanks to Papa!)
We gave Nixon some strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries from our salad and I was happy that he ate all of it without spitting it out!

Once we got home we found a BIG package all the way from Seattle Washington!
Nixon had so much fun opening his birthday gifts.
Thank you thank you thank you... Auntie Jame, Uncle Zeke, Charlie, Auntie LaLa, Gamma Micci, and "Big Daddy" GAMMPA Rick.


Not only did we get birthday gifts for Nixon but we got Easter too! We were spoiled!

   We hope everyone had a fabulous Easter Weekend!!!




4 comments:

KK and Company said...

WOW! What a FUN Easter!!

Keisha said...

I love you and I love all your pictures and reading your posts! Glad you had a great easter! We were in Nephi too we should of got together!Next time! Love ya!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Wow so many fun festivities!!! You have such a fun cute family, and I love the Easter egg hunt tradition! Seiously, sounds intense. I love stuff like that. Oh and the picture of Nixon with the big bunny rabbit is too funny haha.

Karleen said...

What a fun Weekend. Your mom always does the funnest stuff. I love the Pic of Nixon in the build a bear outfit.