Friday, April 2, 2010

Trying New Things...

April Second-

Adding to his diet...

Nixon has a very strict diet.
Sweet potatoes, rice/oatmeal, & bananas (or almost any other fruit baby food).
I have been TRYING to give him the food we eat.
He refuses!
He hits our hands and shakes his head.
Today we tried eggs.
He did surprisingly well!


Mickey and Nixon
My grandparents gave Nixon a Mickey Mouse train.
Today when I got home from class,
Conner showed me Nixon's new trick.
He pushed the train across the room.
Usually he is scared to "walk" without holding our hands.
So, I think he did pretty dang good!
Now for the REAL walking...

Oh Boy! 
Nixon takes after his mommy.
He is scared to try new things.
One of those things was to climb the stairs.
Usually he will go up one or two steps, look back at me and cry.
Not today!
He climbed up every stair and made his way to find daddy.
He stood up after every step and looked at me.
I tried to keep my cool but really inside I was dying.
ugh...I'm not ready for this!
He doesn't know how to climb DOWN.
How do I teach him?
( Lynsey, I know Kai has been doing this for a LONG time so you probably think Nixon is extra slow! haha)

Once he got upstairs,
he finally found his daddy....
taking a shower.
 

3 comments:

Eric and Shayly said...

I seriously love him. He is so dang cute:)

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

You are the blogging champion. Look at you go!

Karleen said...

we finally got internet. Our boys had so much fun at Nixon's B-day party. How do you like the stroller. I hope it works good still I have not used it in a long time. Miss you guys.