Thursday, September 20, 2012

FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!!

The day arrived! Tuesday, September 4th was the big day of Nixon first school experience. We were both so excited! Although I was looking forward to a little down time, that wasn't the whole reason I was excited for this new adventure. I am so excited for Nixon to be able to be with other kids his age and be in a school like setting. At home I feel like he gets bored if I am not playing with him, and sometimes I feel bad! He will always ask for me to play with him (I wish he had a twin). So, now he gets to be around other kiddos his age Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-1:30. He loves it! Every day I pick him up I will try to ask what he did and I usually don't get much of a response but I can tell he has so much fun. It is weird not knowing what he is doing. I wish I could spy on him everyday and just watch him interact with other kids. He never had any issues from the beginning with being left alone at school. I was pretty shocked. In fact, now when I take him into his class in the morning he will just want me to go and not walk him all the way into his room. I have to sign him in so that's not really an option, but it cracks me up how he just wants to do it all by himself!! The first day of school I was SO SO SO anxious to go pick him up. I was always wondering what he was doing and hoping he was okay. Sitting in the car waiting for his Teacher to bring him outside was like waiting to open a present on Christmas morning. Once he walked out of the door I had the biggest smile and jumped out of the car to greet him. One of the nice things about the school is when you pick up the kids, the teachers will put the kids in their car seat for you so you don't have to get out of the car...but on the first day I couldn't help but get out and give him a hug! He was so cute and really happy to see us. That all changed quite quickly...As soon as we headed home he became a grump! I could tell he was worn out to the max. He was one tired boy, but that just shows me that he had a very fun and successful day!
* I was the creepy mom following Nixon's every move into the school snapping photos...so most of them are blury. I do apologize! ;)











When he got home from school I was glad to see that he had a full belly from eating his lunch all gone. NOT!!!!!!!!!

The next photos are from the second day of school. He came home and went right to the fridge. I wonder why? Like I mentioned before, he is pooped by the time he gets home! I love me a sweet sleeping baby BIG boy!



No comments: