Sunday, September 30, 2012

Talk Like A Pirate Day

I have mentioned before how Nixon has become obsessed with the 'doughnut factory' aka Krispy Kremes. Well, I ran across a blog that mentioned Talk Like A Pirate Day. On this particular day, one of the fun things going on was free doughnuts at Krispy Kremes if you talked like a pirate. I knew we had to take Nixon because not only does he love doughnuts, but he also loves pirates lately. He has been asking to be a pirate for Halloween for the last month! He would always want me to show him pictures of pirate costumes online so he could see what he wanted to be. Well, Conner and I took a trip to costco while Nixon was at the Butler's and found a pirate costume there...so I bought it. However, I was going to hide the costume until Halloween....but then I heard about Talk Like A Pirate Day. If you go dressed like a pirate you get a dozen free doughnuts. I was conflicted. Obviously as yummy as the doughnuts are...I did not care to get a dozen of those sugary demons. I didn't want Nixon to know about his pirate costume because I didn't want there to be any issues of always wanting it before Halloween. In the end we decided to go all out and surprise him with the pirate costume. He was SO SO SO excited! It was worth every bit of it. His two favorite things, doughnuts and pirates! It was a good evening to say the least! When we got back in the car to head home he kept asking if he could go to Halloween now. It was at that moment that I started to dread my decision. Luckily, I have put the costume away and he has not asked for it since!






No comments: